President and CEO
Full Job Description
Chief Executive Officer
Coeur d’Alene, ID | President & CEO | Full-time
The Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce, headquartered in beautiful downtown Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, sits at the heart of this community, bridging the gap between business & people. Coeur d’Alene is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.; while growth is inevitable, we feel it’s our responsibility to engage the citizens and business community to ensure we create a healthy, flourishing, and prosperous community for generations to come. The Chamber is taking a purposeful approach to building a culture and team of energetic, driven, and hardworking individuals with synergistic background in business, economic development, and community engagement. Our team, vision, and passion are transforming the way a Chamber of Commerce thinks about its’ role in a community and are committed to innovative ways of bridge the gap between businesses and the community for the betterment of our city and its’ people.
Your Role on the Team
As the CEO, you are the face and leader of the organization, responsible for creating and executing the strategic plan of Chamber. You will be reporting directly to the Board of Directors, made up of a cross-section of seasoned and well-respected leaders in the community, and play an integral part in shaping the organizations culture, strategic direction and growth as the Chamber transforms in the next generation of a city’s Chamber of Commerce. As the CEO, servant leadership to both your team, community and members is an essential attribute to being successful in this position. We are a small, fast-paced team, looking for a dynamic and innovative executive committed to thinking outside the box and engaging across all levels of the organization and within the community.
- Developing an innovative strategic plan and execute to help shape the future of the Coeur d’Alene community
- Building out a team to drive the organizations success
- Partnering with executive leaders across the community from diverse backgrounds/experiences
- Bringing systematic processes that enable scalability of the organization
- Working closely with the board of directors, committees, members, and business leaders to bring real value to all stakeholders
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Strategic planning and execution by understanding the needs of all stakeholders and aligning Chamber initiatives with mutual beneficial programs & activities
- Interface with all Chamber members, Board of Directors, Committee Members, Employees, Media and the community in a proactive, professional and sincere manner
- Managing, mentoring, and leading a team of professionals
- Responsible for all memberships, including recruitment and retention
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the organization including programs, fundraisers, community engagement events, accounting, monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting, facilities, legal, IT, HR, etc.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing companywide monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including budget-to-actual comparisons
- Prepare and issue regular financial status and other ad hoc reports to board of directors
- Remain up to speed on all economical, social and political challenges facing our community to ensure strategic plan is aligned with community needs
- Lead the team and community in an open, ethical and transparent manner
- Manage and oversee all digital Chamber communication including content creation and follower engagement via website, social media, email, etc. staying relevant to the current and future stakeholders
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with financial institutions, consultants, outside corporate legal, media, etc.
- Other administrative and corporate duties as required by the Board to meet the needs of a growing and thriving organization
- 7+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or other relevant field preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced & growing organization where dynamic leadership & execution was required
- Experience implementing and overseeing organization functions including Sales, Marketing, Operations, HR, IT and legal
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with diverse stakeholders and leaders (e.g. internally, BOD, members, other community agencies)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational & leadership skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to hire, manage and grow a team of professionals
- Experience with MS Office products, social media, and reaching a broader audience using digital tools
- Coachable and committed to personal & professional growth, both as the mentor and mentee
- High level communication skills
- Strategic vision caster/change agent, when needed
- Team/consensus builder: among peers, staff, political leaders, community, members, etc.
- Passion/energy for community success
- Collaborative/organizational leadership
- Coach mentality: bring many together for success
- Where passion meets profession, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho is where we push the boundaries and have fun while doing it.
- Our team is made of inspiring leaders with a comprehensive range of skillsets. Join us as we help shape the future of Coeur d’Alene
Equal Employment Opportunity Employment:
Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce
105 N. 1st Street, Ste. 100
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
8 hour shift
leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 (Required)