Coeur d’Alene Community Profile
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho is a lakeside community of 50,665 located in Kootenai County with a population of 157,637.
CDA is just 32 miles east of Spokane, Washington and a SMSA of over 500,000.
Here in Coeur d’Alene, we enjoy an outstanding natural setting that people in most places only dream of. Our true four-season climate provides unique beauty throughout the year. Set against the backdrop of what National Geographic calls “One of the World’s 10 Most Beautiful Lakes”, Coeur d’Alene is surrounded by some of North America’s most scenic country. Whether you enjoy great outdoor for adventures, or prefer world-class amenities in a friendly environment, Coeur d’Alene has the perfect option for you.
Even more than the exceptional beauty of the area, it is the people who have chosen to live here who make our community the standout place that it is. It is their collective energy and vision that have created a quality of life second to none. Coeur d’Alene residents enjoy the benefits of a wonderful standard of living with year-round recreational, cultural and community events.
Not only is Coeur d’Alene a great place to live, it is also an exceptional place to do business. Our strong and diverse business community is unusual for a city its size. You will have no problem finding companies ready to serve your needs.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give our office a call toll-free at 877-782-9232 or visit us on the web at CdAChamber.com and check out our 2019 Relocation Guide for more information about our community.
Job Title: President & Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Chamber Board of Directors
The President & CEO is the chief paid executive officer of the Chamber, executing the mission of the Chamber and responsible for all administrative functions. This role is responsible for the full range of activities of the Chamber, including coordination of program work; leadership structure and procedure; fulfillment of various contracts; championing volunteer efforts; budget management; maintenance of membership and aggressive recruitment of new members; training and supervision of Chamber staff; interpretation of policy; leading the Board of Directors with strategic planning efforts.
- Program Work: Working with Chamber Committees, Staff and Volunteers responsible for assessing needs, preparation, measuring progress to achieve goals and addressing change as necessary.
- Structure/Procedure Administration: Identify opportunities for Chamber structure efficiencies, anticipating and identifying opportunities. Recommends changes to Board as necessary.
- Strategic Planning: Leading ongoing planning activities and associated fundraising initiatives
Interfacing/relationship management: Develops and maintains a strong, open, respectful working relationship with the members, Board of Directors, Committee Members, community and Chamber staff.
- Budget Administration: Develop budget to meet Chamber goals, execute high-level financial stewardship within the framework of Board approved budget. Oversee preparation of financial reporting.
- Membership: Lead and oversee the recruitment and retention of members.
Grant/Contract Fulfillment: Ensures fulfillment of conditions and requirements of grants and contracts.
- Facility Management: Responsible for good stewardship of physical Chamber resources (grounds, equipment, Visitor Center, etc.)
- Community Awareness: Will be the voice of the CDA Chamber and must stay up to date with economical, social and political issues and concerns at the local, state and regional levels.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Ability:
- BS or BA degree required
- Management experience in chamber of commerce, economic development or related non-profit and for profit organizations
- Evidence of exemplary governance, leading a complex organization
- Pass background check
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience at a Chamber of Commerce, CVB, or business association, or related
nonprofit or for profit organization
- Fiscal Management
- Government relations/advocacy
- Resource development
- Media relations/tourism
- Business acumen
- Able to work flexible schedule, with evening and weekend events
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a group
- Ability to work positively with the business community, partners, members, sponsors, and volunteers
- High level of diplomacy, tact,
- Ability to present to diverse groups
- Adept at social media and marketing
Desired Personal Traits:
- High level communication skills
- Strategic vision caster/change agent, when needed
- Team/consensus builder: among peers, staff, political leaders, community, members, etc.
- Passion/energy for community success
- Collaborative/organizational leadership
- Coach mentality: bring many together for success
Annual Compensation: $90,000 – $110,000 DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.